Lung Cancer Nursing UK Research Interest Group
Small Research/Evaluation Grants Scheme 2023
Exclusive to LCNUK full members based in the UK, funding for one - two small projects up to a total value of £5,000 per application is now open to applications.
Projects should generate research, evaluation or audit data that inform the practice of LCNUK members.
Applicants should demonstrate that their project meets some or all of the following criteria.
- Good scientific quality and rigour
- The ability to inform practice
- The potential to lead to future research/evaluation that could be funded through an external funding stream e.g. a pilot study that could form the basis of a larger study
- The ability develop research/evaluation capacity of LCNUK applicant member
- The potential to develop an ongoing academic partnership
- Research must be based around the diagnosis and/or management of people with lung cancer and/or service provision for people with lung cancer
Projects are expected to be completed within 18 months of the funding announcement and funds expended within 2 years of the announcement. Surplus funds not expended within 2 years will be retained by LCNUK and used for charitable purposes.
The closing date for applications has been extended to 5pm on 31 October 2023.
To apply, complete and submit our online application form.
Applications will be judged by a panel including the Chair of the LCNUK Committee, Chair of the Research Interest Group, and other members of the committee.
For further information or questions about the small grants scheme please contact RIG Chair, Dr Cathy Henshall, via our office at firstname.lastname@example.org