Become a member of a dynamic and cohesive forum of UK lung cancer nurse specialists (LCNS)
We aim to put the needs of all lung cancer patients and lung cancer nurse specialists at the forefront of what we do and we support our members by fostering confidence and harnessing knowledge and continuing development. As a member you will benefit by having access to/involvement in all our activities.
Standard Membership costs just £30 per year and is open to any specialist nurse who spends more than 50% of their working week or clinical activities in caring for patients with lung cancer.
Navigator Membership costs just £20 per year and is open to any NHS Employee working in a Navigator/Support role, NHS pay grade 2-4, who spends more than 50% of their working week in supporting the delivery of care for patients with lung cancer. The benefits of navigator membership are exactly the same as full members except navigator members do not have voting rights at the Annual General Meeting.
Associate Membership is open to those healthcare professionals who do not meet the criteria for membership. The benefits of associate membership are exactly the same as full members except Associate members do not have voting rights at the Annual General Meeting.
- Our flagship annual conference specifically for LCNS where you can learn from experts and those working specifically in the lung cancer field. Our conference offers valuable opportunities for sharing best practice, innovation, clinical dilemmas and solutions which can be directly applied in practice and benefit patient care
- Networking with other LCNS at the conference and throughout the year
- Access to the LCNUK website for patient information, professional updates, up-to-date relevant research articles and information on meetings, congresses and events relevant to your role as a LCNS
- Access to information on current research taking place around the role of the LCNS and Lung Cancer patient pathways and care
- Access to international information and programmes via our links with ITONF and international congresses/events
- The opportunity to receive support and advice via email from our committee about professional and clinical issues
- Access to national guidance and supporting documentation via our website portal
- Involvement in the LCNUK organisation and being part of a group with shared interests working to develop ideas, share best practice and innovation
- To be actively engaged in and lobby for improved care and support for people with lung cancer
- Access to our educational workshops and events
- The opportunity to take part / lead on regional/national projects
- To get involved with relevant research and collaborate on research and audit programmes
- The opportunity to get involved with the LCNUK and have a “voice” regionally/nationally/Internationally through the committee of the LCNUK and the opportunity to join the committee
Please view the LCNUK Membership policy.