The aim of the LCNUK Research Interest Group (RIG) is to develop and build research activity and capacity within the Forum and improve the evidence base upon which LCNUK members base their practice.
LCNUK is keen to develop research activity that would help them improve care and services within lung cancer and also develop the LCNUK's research capacity.
In addition, LCNUK hopes to facilitate collaboration and dialogue between clinical and academic colleagues and bring together experienced researchers and nurse specialists with a declared interest in lung cancer and research.
Specifically the RIG intends to deliver the following objectives to:
- Share knowledge of existing research activity
- Provide advice to colleagues regarding research activity
- Identify joint research priorities
- Develop new research partnerships across clinical and academic communities
- Develop fundable research proposals based on those priorities and partnerships
- Identify and discuss:
- innovative and creative research design approaches
- shared knowledge on current funding options
- strategies to ensure appropriate user involvement in research.
- Facilitate the LCNUK to integrate their research and evaluation work into the wider cancer and healthcare community.
The Research Interest Group (RIG), is led and chaired by Professor Janelle Yorke and meet 3-4 times per year for a short meeting usually 2 hours in a central location. If you are interested in joining the Research Interest Group please contact us to express your interest and we will ensure you are informed of RIG activities and meetings
View the minutes of the latest RIG meeting
Annual Small Grants Scheme Award
The LCNUK offer an Annual Small Grants Award Scheme. We will be announcing plans for our 2020 grants soon