We know you are all doing everything you can to keep yourselves, your families and your patients safe from Covid-19.
The following documents have been prepared by the clinical expert group on lung cancer and include a modified National Optimal Lung Cancer Pathway and guidance on bronchoscopy services during COVID-19
Recovery following COVID-19
Other credible information
We will try to signpost you to the latest important information and guidance including:
- Respiratory advice for the non-respiratory physician in the time of COVID-19
- IASLC Guide to COVID19 and lung cancer
- Clinical guide for the management of cancer patients during the coronavirus pandemic
- Radiotherapy and COVID-19 - Advice from the Royal College of Radiologists
- Macmillan Learnzone
- Macmillan traffic light system
- The Royal College of Physicians are hosting a very useful webpage on Coronavirus in general
- NICE COVID-19 rapid guideline: delivery of systemic anticancer treatments
- NICE COVID-19 Rapid Guideline - antibiotics for pneumonia in adults in hospital
- BTS COVID-19 hub
- Current Awareness - Service for Health - Information about COVID-19
- NHS Education for Scotland - Coronavirus (COVID-19) learning materials for staff working in health and social care.
Repositories of Covid-19 studies
Managing Clinical trials during Coronavirus Pandemic. The Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) is adopting as flexible and pragmatic an approach as possible with regard to regulatory requirements for clinical trials during this time. They have recognised that clinical trial resource may be absent or redeployed from research activities and regulatory affairs towards front-line care. Their first priority is the safety of trial participants. This guidance will be updated as the situation changes over time and contains information on pausing clinical trials.
World Health Organisation Information
- WHO statement and information
- The Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation provide advice for patients about Covid-19
- A poster has been designed for patients to display in their windows to highlight that someone who is immunocompromised lives on the premises and includes instruction on what to do with deliveries.
- Post COVID Hub for patients (Asthma UK and British Lung Foundation)
- COVID symptom tracker App available to download on Android and Apple
- Managing breathlessness at home during COVID-19 pandemic - patient leaflet
- Guidance on shielding
Shared documents on palliative care and Covid-19
- Marie Curie - End of life care for people with COVID-19
- Association for Pallative Medicine - COVID-19 and Palliative, End of Life and Bereavement Care in Secondary Care
- End of life care leaflet for relatives
- NICE have released some guidance on critical care including an algorithm on pre- critical care decision-making
- Hospice UK COVID provide details of specific resources https://www.hospiceuk.org/what-we-offer/clinical-and-care-support/coronavirus-guidance
- The Helix Centre (working with Central North West London NHS Trust) - End of life toolkits for patients at home
- Centre to Advance Palliative Care, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City, USA - Covid-19 resources (please bear in mind that medications recommended will vary from UK practice).
- European Association for Palliative Care - including Italian resources which have developed information based on their direct experience (please bear in mind that medications recommended will vary from UK practice).