We know you are all doing everything you can to keep yourselves, your families and your patients safe from Covid-19. We will try to signpost you to the latest important information and guidance including:
- Respiratory advice for the non-respiratory physician in the time of COVID-19
- Modified National Optimal Lung Cancer Pathway (V2.1)
- Bronchoscopy services during COVID-19 (V2.1)
- UKONS and Macmillan Cancer Support COVID-19 resources
- IASLC Guide to COVID19 and lung cancer
- Clinical guide for the management of cancer patients during the coronavirus pandemic
- Radiotherapy and COVID-19 - Advice from the Royal College of Radiologists
- Macmillan Learnzone
- Macmillan traffic light system
- Primary care pathways
- The Royal College of Physicians are hosting a very useful webpage on Coronavirus in general
- NICE COVID-19 rapid guideline: delivery of systemic anticancer treatments
- NICE COVID-19 Rapid Guideline - antibiotics for pneumonia in adults in hospital
- NICE COVID-19 Guidance on shielding and protecting people defined on medical grounds as extremely vulnerable
- COVID-19 and the lung cancer pathway
- BTS COVID-19 hub
- Current Awareness - Service for Health - Information about COVID-19
- NHS Education for Scotland - Coronavirus (COVID-19) learning materials for staff working in health and social care.
NSAIDS vs Paracetamol during Covid-19. NHSE advice is that patients who take anti-inflammatory medications should not stop them as there is no evidence of increased risk in contracting COVID-19. Patients with confirmed COVID-19 should take paracetamol in preference to NSAIDs
Repositories of Covid-19 studies
Managing Clinical trials during Coronavirus Pandemic. The Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) is adopting as flexible and pragmatic an approach as possible with regard to regulatory requirements for clinical trials during this time. They have recognised that clinical trial resource may be absent or redeployed from research activities and regulatory affairs towards front-line care. Their first priority is the safety of trial participants. This guidance will be updated as the situation changes over time and contains information on pausing clinical trials..
- The Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation provide advice for patients about Covid-19
- A poster has been designed for patients to display in their windows to highlight that someone who is immunocompromised lives on the premises and includes instruction on what to do with deliveries.
Shared documents on palliative care and Covid-19
- Marie Curie - End of life care for people with COVID-19
- Association for Pallative Medicine - COVID-19 and Palliative, End of Life and Bereavement Care in Secondary Care
- End of life care leaflet for relatives
- NICE have released some guidance on critical care including an algorithm on pre- critical care decision-making
- Hospice UK COVID provide details of specific resources https://www.hospiceuk.org/what-we-offer/clinical-and-care-support/coronavirus-guidance
- The Helix Centre (working with Central North West London NHS Trust) - End of life toolkits for patients at home
- Centre to Advance Palliative Care, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City, USA - Covid-19 resources (please bear in mind that medications recommended will vary from UK practice).
- European Association for Palliative Care - including Italian resources which have developed information based on their direct experience (please bear in mind that medications recommended will vary from UK practice).