The PRON Programme, is a unique 2 day residential workshop for nurses interested in increasing their skills, knowledge and confidence in clinical research related to lung cancer. Run by experts in health and nursing research the workshop:
- provides an introduction to identifying, justifying, shaping and communicating a research question
- explores why research is important at a personal and organisational level
- helps you to develop a greater understanding of what it means to be part of a research community
- increases your understanding of developing your personal networks
The workshop, exclusive to LCNUK members, is designed to be highly interactive. It will help you develop your research knowledge and ideas in a stimulating and supportive environment. The workshop includes formal lectures from leading experts in nurse-led research, interactive sessions, as well as dedicated time for you to spend working in small groups with faculty members.
It is hoped that the outputs of the meeting will be to identify a research proposal and, with support and funding* from LCNUK implement and complete a research programme.
The longer term aim of the programme is to build a community of research interested and active clinical nurses, supported by the mentorship and expertise of nursing and health services research academics. We hope to run an annual top-up day and all previous participants will be invited to attend.
The 2020 workshop will be held on 4th and 5th June 2020 at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham.
* Up to a maximum of £10,000 and subject to specific criteria, terms and conditions
Resources from prior events
Click on the links below to download copies of slide presentations from previous events