LCNUK Award for Outstanding Achievement
Do you know another member who has excelled in their role as a lung cancer nurse specialist? Do you know someone who has made significant improvements locally/nationally for people with lung cancer/mesothelioma? Yes? Why not nominate them for the LCNUK Award for Outstanding Achievement and ensure that their work is recognised.
The LCNUK Award is a prestigious award which hte LCNUK offers once every five years. The award for outstanding achievement is open to any LCNUK member who has:-
- Significantly demonstrated an improvement to their patients’ experience in the lung cancer/mesothelioma pathway
- Provided a greater understanding of the challenges facing patients with lung cancer/mesothelioma and their carers
- Been instrumental in developing and sharing best practice and knowledge
- Been an inspirational leader in lung cancer/mesothelioma nursing services and/or acted as an advocate for the LCNS and its role
- Led the way on a number of service improvements
Who can apply?
Nominations can be accepted for consideration by existing LCNUK members nominating another LCNUK member. The nominee should explain why they have nominated the member and what contribution the member has made to deserve the outstanding achievement.
How is the Award judged?
A robust selection process will include members of the committee and LCNUK trustees, from which a shortlist will be reached taking into account whether the nominees fulfil the above criteria and discussed. The final successful applicant will be selected from the shortlist by the trustees of the LCNUK.
When will the Award winner be announced?
The winner will be announced at the LCNUK Annual Conference Dinner. All shortlisted candidates will be expected to register for the conference and attend the Dinner.
How can I nominate my colleague?
Simply complete the nomination form and submit on or before 27th September 2019.
Terms and conditions of the Award
- The Award is only open to current LCNUK members
- Nominations must be made by another LCNUK member
- The recipient of the Award should be a registered attendee of the LCNUK conference
- The decision of the judges is final
- Only nominations received on or before 27th September 2019 will be considered