Annual Lung Cancer Nurses UK (LCNUK) Workshop
10/11 February 2020
We are delighted to announce that the 16th Annual LCNUK Workshop will take place from Monday evening 10th February through to Tuesday 11th February 2020 in central Birmingham
Attendance and registration costs are covered by LCNUK. Standard class travel expenses up to a maximum of £250 will be refunded by LCNUK subject to completion of an expenses claim form and accompanied by receipts where appropriate (members are encouraged to book travel as early as possible to achieve the best possible travel rates).
Participants who commit to the chosen project are required to be involved in adhoc telephone conferencing and a follow up meeting on September 15th 2020.
Excellent opportunity for professional development
This is an ideal opportunity for members to explore and get involved in a highly relevant project which will help support professional development and contribute towards revalidation requirements. Previous projects have been presented at both LCNUK and BTOG and at the World Conference on Lung Cancer.
Previous Projects include
- How to improve working partnerships with Primary Care in order to prevent avoidable emergency attendance for patients for lung cancer
- Can the early intervention of the LCNS reduce the length of stay for patients admitted via the emergency route on first presentation
- Setting up nurse-led clinics
- Improving Survivorship Through Pre-habilitation at the Start of the Journey for lung cancer and mesothelioma.
- All the past projects have helped to improve the outcomes and experience of care for patients with Lung Cancer and Mesothelioma as well as helping to secure the Lung CNS role.
- The National Optimal Lung Cancer Pathway
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you want to know more about the LCNUK Annual workshop via firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshop Co-ordinators, Lung Cancer Nurses UK